Here is a list of recently published studies on children, media, and health covering a range of topics:
- the impact of food advertising on children’s food purchase and weight.
- the role of television on childhood obesity in Athens.
- use of blogs by students in a public health class.
- targeting of adolescents by the tobacco industry.
- Spanish children screen-media use.
Devís-Devís, J. et al.
(2008). Screen media time usage of 12–16 year-old Spanish school
adolescents: Effects of personal and socioeconomic factors, season and
type of day. Journal of Adolescence, In Press, Corrected Proof, 9 August.
Goldman, R. H. et al.
(2008).Using Seminar Blogs to Enhance Student Participation and
Learning in Public Health School Classes. Am J Public Health, 98(9),
Halford, J. et al. (2008). Beyond-brand effect of television food advertisements on food choice in children: the effects of weight status. Public Health Nutrition, 11(9), 897-904.
Kreslake, J. M., et al.
(2008). Tobacco Industry Control of Menthol in Cigarettes and Targeting
of Adolescents and Young Adults. American Journal of Public Health,
Mazur, A. et al. (2008). Impact of food advertising on food purchases by students in primary and secondary schools in south-eastern Poland. Public Health Nutrition, 11(9), 978-981.