Looking for reliable health and medical information? The Library of Congress Science Reference Services offers great reference guides available through the Internet. The guide Locating Health and Medical Information-Science Reference Guide No. 34 compiles a list of sources (print and online) used to answer questions related to health and medicine in the Science Reading Room at the Library of Congress.
For books which are frequently updated, the edition number and year are in parentheses, so you should always check for a later edition. Many of these books, journals and newsletters can be found in public or university libraries. Ask your local librarian about them or for suggestions of materials more appropriate to your search.
Follow the links to learn more:
- Safe Searching
- Information about Doctors
- Medical & Health Information
- Dictionaries, Abbreviations, Syndromes, Eponyms
- Information on Drugs
- Complementary & Alternative Medicine, Wellness, Nutrition
- Hospitals, HMOs, Nursing homes
- Magazines, Newsletters
- Selected Web Sites
- Resources For Online Books, Journals & Articles