Do you use My NCBI? For those who do not, it is a free tool provided by PubMed that allows users to:
- Create a personal account
- Save searches and citations
- Set up automatic e-mail alerts for specific searches
- Set or create unique filters to group search results
- Show links to free full-text articles
- And much more! Check out the PubMed Training page for more tutorials
Getting Started-it’s easy! Register for an account today!
More My NCBI Resources
PubMed My NCBI Pamplet: This pamphlet provides all the basic information about My NCBI (account registration, signing in and out) and highlights some features and tools (collections, saved searches, filters, e-mail alerts, etc). The same information can be found in the about section of the My NCBI website.
MIT Libraries Video Tutorial: This short video tutorial shows how to register for an account, save searches, set up e-mail alerts, and create filters.
PubMed Tutorial: The My NCBI section of this tutorial only explains how to set up an account and preferences but the entire tutorial may be of interest to those who want to learn how to search more effectively in PubMed.