Recently published titles of interest on the topics of children, media, and health:
- Globesity, Food Marketing and Family Lifestyles By Stephen Kline
This book focuses on children as consumers, food marketing, and the globesity pandemic in the US and the UK.
- Children and Advertising: What Do They Think about Advertisements, How are They Affected by Advertisements? By Seval Guven Arzuener and Ayfer Aydiner Boylu
This book examines research on television advertisements and children, including children’s attitudes towards advertisements.
- Girl Wide Web 2.0 Edited By Sharon R. Mazarella
This book explores how girls interact with technology from social networking sites to game design. The book especially highlights girls as active producers of Internet content and incorporates an international perspective.
- Fast Media, Media Fast By Thomas W Cooper
This book is a guide for readers to take control of their relationship with media. The book emphasizes that after a media fast people do not usually give up all media but rather make more informed media choices.
- A Networked Self: Identity, Community, and Culture on Social Network Sites Edited By Zizi Papacharissi
This book is a collection of works on online social networks that focuses on the construction of self identity in the new media environment. The main themes of the book include identity, community, and culture of social networking.
Please let us know if you would like to see any books highlighted in the future!