Recently published titles of interest on the topics of children, media, and health:
- Children and Youth in the Digital Media Culture by Ulla Carlsson (ed.)
This Yearbook showcases the Nordic countries and the work being done in the research communities of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden. The focus rests on children, youth and media in a digitized media culture. We believe that the issues treated here will interest a broad range of readers all over the world.
- Emerging Practices in Cyberculture and Social Networking by Daniel Riha & Anna Maj (eds.)
This book aims to present how emergent media penetrate all fields of human cultural activity. The content of this volume reflects theoretical and practical discussions on cultural issues influenced by increased adoption of information and communication technologies.
- The Emerging Media Toddlers by María Dolores Souza & Patricio Cabello (eds.)
The authors explore topics such as preschools, screen and internet technology and growing up with media.
- Media, Culture and Society: An Introduction by Paul Hodkinson
This book provides a ‘must have’ contribution to media and communication studies by bringing together various perspectives on today’s media culture and media society.
- Media Literacy Education. Nordic Perspectives by Sirkku Kotilainen & Sol-Britt Arnolds-Granlund (Eds.)
This publication belongs to an effort bringing the Nordic studies on media literacy education in a global sight. Current definitions of media literacy and evaluations of educational case studies are presented in the form of thirteen articles written by Nordic academic experts.
- Producing Serious News for Citizen Children: A Study of the BBC’s Children’s Program Newsround by Julian Matthews
This ethnographic study examines the changing history, personnel and production regime of the BBC’s popular children’s news program.
- What’s Happening to Our Boys? by Maggie Hamilton
Childhood and teenage life is changing rapidly, leaving parents
exhausted and confused as to how best to tackle the many issues they
face. How does this high pressure environment affect a boy’s
confidence, his values and aspirations, his wellbeing, his sense of
community, his attitudes to girls and women? The author addresses many
of these questions and provides numerous tips for parents and educators
Please let us know if you would like to see any books highlighted in the future!