Youth sexual health and behavior is a broad research topic that can span several disciplines, and this week’s articles are taken from journals in the area of youth studies, communication, psychiatry and AIDS research.
- Watching more media with content that sexually objectified others led colleges tudents to be more self-conscious with their body.
- Youth ages 8 to 19 may intentionally seek out pornography online, or encounter it accidentally.
- Learn about more the 20% of teens aged 13-19 who have engaged in sending a nude or semi-nude photo of themselves with their cell phone.
- When given the opportunity to watch a mini soap opera series intended to educate about the risks of reducing HIV, young women watched along each week on their smart phones, rarely missing an episode.
- Teens acquire knowledge from a variety of sources, including the Internet, suggesting that outreach methods should connect teens to trustworthy online sources of information.